Friday, January 23, 2009

seems telstra's screwing a few people over...

must run in the family.

so my first hiptop started playing up on me. turning itself off after the slightest tap, losing all my messages and sometimes emails too.

so in november last year, i went in to the telstra shop with Mutha while we were out shoppinng. i arranged to get a new phone, but pay it off per month, same as my normal payments at the time. he set it all up and said that was fine and wouldn't be a problem. so off i skipped with a brand new shiny and WORKING hiptop.

so imagine my horror when in december, my bill arrived. $400+!! WTF?! so a few days after, i sat on the phone and made myself comfortable. made it through to someone who told me i was speaking to the wrong department, but they put me through to (apparently) the right one. someone picked up and took my information and listened while i told my story and they said that it was supposed to be looked after by another department (deja vu??) so they transferred me over. or so they thought. after half an hour of being on hold and going round in circles, i was cut off completely.

i uttered some rather harsh words and tried again. this time i eventually got put through to someone nambed gilbert. and yes, that's his name. i'm not hiding it. he was indian. so his real name probably wasn't even gilbert. but he listened to me ranting and starting to get flustered as this was the 5th time i'd had to tell someone my story. he said for me to sit tight and he'd have a look for me. and then nothing. no hold tone, no dial tone, no background noise. nothing. i sat and waited for more than 15 minutes, just in case that section didn't have hold music. but no. there was nothing.

so after the new year i shuffled off to the local telsra shop and told them of my issue. the store manager came and assisted straight away. they photocopied my bill and took notes and said they would try to get it arranged for me and they would give me a call. ok fine.

2 weeks later, i still hadn't received a call. so last week i went back in to remind the staff that my problem still existed (i had received another bill by that stage and the charge was still on it!). the guy i spoke to remembered "something being mentioned" - his words - about my case. he wrote a note for the store manager to find out some details, and once again i was promised a phone call. still nothing.

so today i tried to call the telstra shop at indro to get it sorted, as they're the store who arranged it in the first place. and all i got was the answering service. and they're not even closed yet!! fucktards.

so as soon as all this is sorted, looks like i shall be looking for another service provider. optus is looking pretty attractive right now. i might just go for a prepaid. i'm sick of the whole telstra bullshit already. i want to break something.

i made an official complaint to telstra about the handling of the whole thing. and i threatened to contact the ombudsman. cause there is no way in hell that i'm paying that $400 when i did NOT want my contract cancelled. and i told the telstra fella that when he was doing it all up. i told him that all i wanted was a new phone because my other one was faulty.

if it's not sorted soon, i may just have to take drastic action and threaten legal action. this is doing my head in. it's not good for my mental health or my physical health. i'm stressing ridiculously because my credit rating is going to go to shit after all this is over.

fuck telstra.
fuck them in their stupid asses.
- quotes jay and silent bob -








I SAY TO YOU GOOD DAY SIR!!
* throws tie across shoulder and storms off *

2 comments:

SOL's view said...

odd, isn't it. till recently, we've never had a problem with Telstra either. Something is defs happening in the ranks and they are really going to shit. someone needs to give those profit takers and shareholders a real kick up the bum.

hey! my word verification is 'porket'

rather appropriate, methinks....

Colleen Barnett said...

gee, my Telstra issues were a trifle smaller than yours, but so far *touches desk frantically* it seems to have sorted itself out..for now.