Saturday, April 4, 2009

and now for something completely random....

i went out to the kitchen to get something, i think it was my wallet..... when i saw a movement on the balcony. and we're on teh third story so it struck me as odd and i froze.

then when my brain switched on and registered what i was actually seeing.... i saw this:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

so i got one of the apples we got in a fruit platter at the tavern and i cut it in pieces and sloooooowly walked out and opened the door and held a piece out.

one of the birds was a bit iffy to start with, but slowly reached out to grab the apple off me, but u know how they go to bite something that isn't really soft and they just knock it everywhere?? well it knocked it straight outta my hand and then looked at me as if to say "well.... u're the one who's gonna have to pick that up".

so i did.

then a bully one flew over and scared some timid ones away and then proceeded to trip over its own feet. i lol'd. but it knocked the piece as well. so i went to grab a fork to spike the apple so i wouldn't drop it but so the birds wouldn't bite me. but the inquisitive ones flew off and i was just left with 2 timid ones that looked too scared to even fly away.

so i just left the apple pieces on teh railing.

but that was entertaining for at least a little while.

just thought i'd put it up cause it reminded me of the times at the oooooold place when we used to feed the lorikeets. and one pooped on MOTH's head. i distinctly recall lol-ing at that too.

2 comments:

SOL's view said...

They look great. I had to really look before I saw past the wavy lines. I'm thinking, What kinda mess has she made with those photos?

And they weren't even noisy. Amazing.

**visme**

Colleen Barnett said...

aaw, look at the pretty birdie! Aren't they lovely? Actually, I passed a tree on the way to work which was covered in carellas yesterday morning.

Nice that they were that close to you too. Does that mean the gym equipment has gone to the birds? lol. xxx

**sphatt**